Go Back   Home Education Forums > Home Education Forums > Media > Best of the Blogs

Best of the Blogs For the most topical home ed related blog posts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-10, 18:57
Super Moderator

Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,223 Posts
Default Knitted hanging basket... ...

Quote:
This is kind of a follow up post to the one I wrote about my recent adventures in knitting, which I quit enjoyed.

As the title suggests this post is about a knitted hanging basket, not as original as you might think, it turns out I'm not the only one to try this, people have been knitting pot hangers and such like for years.

We are trying to be more self sufficient (you may be wondering what that's got to do with knitting) and as part of that we have started to make our own equipment as well (I recently turned an old fence post into a plant pot making tool ---> plant pot maker post (opens in new window) it's not just wooden tools, we grow our own veg and space is a problem to be solved, we are lucky in that our garden is quite large, but most of it is for the kids to play in, they wouldn't be happy if I turned the whole lot into a veggy patch (I've considered it on occasion) but even with the space we have we don't always have room for lots of large plants so hanging baskets is a good answer, and they don't often get walked through by the kids.....more...
Bookmark and Share
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elaine Kirk For This Useful Post:
banshee (02-12-10), Diane (02-12-10), Tricia (03-12-10)
Old 02-12-10, 21:17
HE

inspired! gonna make a hammock for all the teddies, Bob, Barney and all the other wee critters.
Bookmark and Share
The Following User Says Thank You to banshee For This Useful Post:
Elaine Kirk (02-12-10)

Tags
None