Go Back   Home Education Forums > Home Education Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion For discussion of matters relating to elective home education.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-14, 03:51
HE

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Parents should 'go abroad rather than face family courts'

Interesting-looking Panorama for Monday night, where John Hemming MP apparently recommends that parents should go abroad rather than face the family courts in the UK.
Bookmark and Share
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llondel For This Useful Post:
Ali Admin (13-01-14), Diane (14-01-14)
Old 13-01-14, 07:47
Administrator

Thanked 9,247 Times in 3,176 Posts
Default Parents advised to leave the country rather than face secret family courts

John Hemming MP advises parents to leave the country rather than face the secret family courts.

Panorama: I Want My Baby Back, BBC One, Monday 13 January at 21:00 GMT and then available in the UK on the BBC iPlayer.

Parents should 'go abroad rather than face family courts'

Quote:
He said the process was so unfair that parents should leave the country to avoid social services and the courts.

"All the cards are held by the local authority. It has large resources to fight the cases - it does all the assessments," he said.

"My advice to people - if they can afford it - is just to go abroad. You can't get a fair trial here, because you can't rely on the evidence being fair.

"It's best simply to go if you can, at the right time, lawfully."
Naturally Cafcass doesn't agree.

Quote:
"We can't play poker with children's safety, we've got to have a system that plays it safe to begin with," said chief executive Anthony Douglas.
for home educators who mean business
Bookmark and Share
Old 13-01-14, 07:51
Administrator

Thanked 9,247 Times in 3,176 Posts

Llondel beat me to it so have merged threads.
for home educators who mean business
Bookmark and Share
Old 13-01-14, 10:18

Default Parents 'should go abroad to avoid family courts'

Parents should flee the UK to avoid family courts.

Quote:
Parents suspected of child abuse should flee the country rather than face justice in the family courts, one MP has told BBC Panorama....said the system had become unfair to parents. He has been contacted by hundreds of parents suspected of harming their children who are going through the family courts....

"All the cards are held by the local authority. It has large resources to fight the cases - it does all the assessments," he said.
Panorama: I Want My Baby Back, BBC One, Monday 13 January at 21:00 GMT
Bookmark and Share
Old 13-01-14, 14:45
HE

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,121 Posts

Quote:
"We can't play poker with children's safety, we've got to have a system that plays it safe to begin with," said chief executive Anthony Douglas.
He's right, but clearly the system they currently have does not meet the required standard or it wouldn't be necessary to run. The parents don't consider it safe or they'd stick around.
Bookmark and Share
Old 14-01-14, 07:42
HE

Thanked 1,217 Times in 296 Posts

The programme is available on i-player until 13 Jan 2015:

http://www.home-education.biz/forum/...uote=1&p=62113

Towards the end of the programme they quoted Sir James Mumby, president of the Family Division of the High Court who said in this Telegraph article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ly-courts.html

Quote:
. . . in the absence of the death penalty, removing a child from their parents is one of the most "drastic" actions a judge can take . . .
There was also a very good point about how decisions are made on the balance of probabilities which means, in practice, that the most likely cause of the abuse can be chosen for the verdict. That's much weaker than 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

That's the shocking thing about the database state and all the information gathering. The cards are all stacked in favour of the state. False information, hearsay, etc can all be used to provide the 'most likely cause'.

So, at the end of the day, all this industrial spying is rounded of by a judicial system stacked in favour of the state.
Bookmark and Share
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mayfly For This Useful Post:
Ali Admin (14-01-14), Diane (14-01-14), Polly (14-01-14)

Tags
cafcass , child protection , family courts , john hemming