Go Back   Home Education Forums > Home Education Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion For discussion of matters relating to elective home education.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-14, 19:54
HE

Thanked 5,253 Times in 2,163 Posts
Default UNICEF and Glasgow 2014

Watch Sir Chris Hoy on the Glasgow 2014 opening ceremony for UNICEF

Quote:
The Glasgow 2014 games will raise money for UNICEF’s work with children all around the world. It’s Glasgow 2014 and UNICEF’s joint ambition to make these Commonwealth Games a unique opportunity to change the lives of children across the Commonwealth.

The opening ceremony will feature exclusive, eye-opening footage of the stars and the children they met while they were exploring different regions of the Commonwealth. The ceremony will end with a unique fundraising moment when an expected 1 billion viewers will be invited to come together to #PutChildrenFirst by making a donation to UNICEF online or via SMS.

After visiting children in Malawi, Sir Chris said, “Meeting children whose lives have been so hugely improved by UNICEF was an incredible experience that will stay with me forever.”

“The Opening Ceremony will be a spectacular moment for Glasgow, Scotland and the Commonwealth as we attempt something that has never been done before; I’m so proud to be a part of that, and I hope everyone will join us by watching on 23 July.”
And.....Baby, I love you : "a very special baby book for new mums, dads and babies in Scotland."

Extra helpings of patronising drivel here.

Quote:
Tam Baillie, Scotland’s Commissioner for Children and Young People, said:

“I am delighted to be giving out the first of the Baby, I love you books. All parents can identify with loving their baby and there is nothing more natural than hugging, reading and singing to your baby. UNICEF has hit just the right note with these great wee books helping parents bond with their children in this precious time for their development. I think it is a great ambition to get to every baby in Scotland.
Quote:
Dr Kate McKay, Senior Medical Officer with the Scottish Government, said:

“Forging a strong connection from their earliest days is vital for a child’s development, and a key component in the Scottish Government’s commitment to getting it right for every child. A strong attachment with a parent, which can be encouraged with the advice in this book, can enhance a child’s self-esteem, self- confidence and, ultimately, help shape how a child grows and develops into adulthood.”
And so on....
Bookmark and Share
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sheila Struthers For This Useful Post:
Ali Admin (04-07-14), Earthtracer (04-07-14), Elaine Kirk (04-07-14), Lynn Blair (04-07-14)
Old 04-07-14, 20:04
HE

'The opening ceremony will feature exclusive eye opening footage of the stars and the children they met while they were exploring different regions of the Commonwealth..'- I wonder if they took the stars along the road to visit a food bank in Maryhill?

Meanwhile we're supposed to be happy about a warship. I wonder if there's a picture of that in the 'I love you baby' book?

Roll on September 18th...
Bookmark and Share
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lynn Blair For This Useful Post:
Ali Admin (04-07-14), Earthtracer (04-07-14), Elaine Kirk (04-07-14), Sheila Struthers (04-07-14)
Old 04-07-14, 20:46
Administrator

Thanked 9,699 Times in 3,323 Posts

Vomit inducing crap from the usual #girfec #cultofshanarri #datatheft suspects.

for home educators who mean business
Bookmark and Share
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ali Admin For This Useful Post:
Earthtracer (04-07-14), Elaine Kirk (04-07-14), Sheila Struthers (04-07-14)
Old 04-07-14, 21:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 11,250 Times in 4,277 Posts

And for those who want to see the book without indulging then waiting nine months
Courtesy of unicef you tube channel

Bookmark and Share
The Following User Says Thank You to Elaine Kirk For This Useful Post:
Earthtracer (04-07-14)

Tags
None