Go Back   Home Education Forums > Home Education Business Forums > Introduce Your Business

Introduce Your Business *If you are a home educator, former home educator or have a close connection to the home education community in the UK*, you can use this forum to introduce yourself and your business or business idea to other home-edupreneurs. If you are not known to this community, please make your home ed connection explicit in your post or it will not clear moderation. Please do not post if you are a random business hoping to target home educators as your post will be deleted by the moderators.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-12, 14:14
HE

Default Astrology, Teen Spirituality and Mediumship

Hello everyone

Just joined these forums, so I thought I'd introduce myself. As well as home educating our teen daughter, my husband I work full time from home. I'm an astrologer, author and writer, and he is a spiritualist medium and healer.

My first book, Moon Surfing, is due out in late summer/early Autumn this year, published by Dodona, an imprint of O Books. It's a lunar astrology handbook for teens, which was a joy to write. I have several other books on the go, and I also do private astrology consultations, write columns and articles, and so forth. My husband works as a platform medium in spiritualist churches, and does private readings; he is also a Reiki Master and offers Reiki free of charge to old people's homes and similar institutions.

A pet project I'm hoping to get off the ground soon is a teen spirituality club - this would probably be a once a week or once a fortnight thing in my local area, for children between approx 13 and 16. We'd learn about astrology, paganism, psychic abilities, tarot, runes, simple spells, basic mediumship, angelic healing, Reiki and similar topics, with lots of games and activities. Not sure how much interest there will be, mind, since a lot of parents seem to object to this kind of thing, but we'll see. It won't be a business, in any case, just something I've always wanted to do, with just a small weekly charge of a pound or two to cover costs.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Am off to browse more in the forums!
Bookmark and Share
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elysian For This Useful Post:
Diane (26-04-12), Elaine Kirk (22-04-12)
Old 21-04-12, 21:53
HE

Thanked 2,195 Times in 805 Posts

Umm... if I was to say that I thought astrology was complete and utter bollocks?

R
Bookmark and Share
Old 22-04-12, 12:17
HE

Lol - in that case, I'd politely point out that professional astrology has nothing to do with sun sign horoscopes, which are indeed complete and utter bollocks... and then I'd say "each to their own", remind you that it's quite possible that I might find some of your interests/beliefs/philosophies/work less than fascinating and/or slightly dubious, and I'd thank you in any case for reading and expressing an opinion
Bookmark and Share
Old 22-04-12, 12:36
HE

Oh - and thanks for the warm and friendly welcome.
Bookmark and Share
Old 22-04-12, 13:21
Administrator

Thanked 9,882 Times in 3,392 Posts

to the forums!

Don't mind our R, he is very cute and cuddly in real life.
for home educators who mean business
Bookmark and Share
Old 22-04-12, 15:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 11,261 Times in 4,284 Posts

Welcome Elysian couldn't say hi earlier due to poor signal hope you enjoy the forums
Bookmark and Share
Old 26-04-12, 15:46
HE

Thanked 3,395 Times in 1,497 Posts

Hi Elysian,

Glad to see you here. Both of my daughters (and I) are interested in the subjects you mention so it's nice that you mention them.

Welcome.

Diane
http://www.threedegreesoffreedom.blogspot.com
Bookmark and Share
Old 26-04-12, 21:42
HE

Thanked 2,195 Times in 805 Posts

Hi,

As Ali says , I am quite "cuddly".

Welcome to the forum as a person.
I hope that you find them as useful as I have and that your home ed project is a happy and fruitful one. HE is a broad church.

I would never mount an "ad hominem" argument, but I will always challenge what I think needs challenged whether that be homeopathy, crystal healing or other assorted fruit-loopery.

I would still say that astrology, non-professional or "professional" is complete bollocks :-)

Happy to hear of any properly conducted experiment that shows otherwise!

Best

R
Bookmark and Share
Old 27-05-12, 20:37
HE

Default astrology

just to say hello. it is unusual that i get the time to come onto this site, so i suppose the stars aligned it! am very interested in your comments as i am sure others on this site are.
Home educating children is a huge step to make and since most people think that to swim against the time is foolish, it is a rather brave thing to do

I do hope you will be made to feel welcome and are not put off by others' prejudices. An open mind is a unique thing and i embrace the ability to look beyond the physical and towards the energetic field.

As a yoga teacher and nutritionist i have witnessed the influence of the moon so will be keen to read your book when it is published. good luck with that!

my children are 11, 9 and 7 but would be interested in your ideas for meeting up

in any event, it is always good to meet others and offer support

thanks for introducing yourself and look forward to hearing more

frances
Bookmark and Share